The given maps demonstrate the redevelopments and innovations regarding many aspects of a coastal area call Pentland from 1950 to 2007.
From an overall perspective, Pentland had undergone commerce-and-tourism-oriented reforms. Two sections that had gone through the most marked alternations was the grasslands with the establishment of new structures and buildings. Moreover, there was also an addition of a new quay by the seashore.
Starting with the sea in the northern centre, in 1950, it was just an ordinary sea with nothing but water. However, after over half of a century, there had been a newly constructed habour, named Maria, for settlement of cruise ships, yatchs, and small boats. The industrial area that once occupied the northwestern section had been removed for construction of a multi storey car park and a new swmming pool connected with a reconstructed road to a newly built park. Furthermore, the pre-existing car park and the road linking it with the junction in the eastern area was demolished to make room for apartments. Notably, the previous junction which was once located near the coast had been relocated toward the far northern section.
Moving on to the remaining sections, the western grassland and the eastern counterpart had been utilized to build new shops with different layouts, with the former’s constructed at a certain distance between each one and the latter’s built adjacent to each other. A totally new cinema was constructed at the corner of the junction. The northeastern section had also been used to establish a residential area, with a wealth of houses.
